Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Be Careful Little Feet Where You Weigh

So here is the deal today. I am feeling somewhat discouraged. I was at Women's Fitness Gym yesterday showing the Miche purses and while in the restroom couldn't help but notice their scales. You gotta understand that I really do not want the focus to be about the number on the scales, so I promised myself I would only weigh when I go to Dr. Sarmiento's office. But the scale was right there, calling me and so I slipped off my sandals and got on. According to the measurement, it read the same number as what I had weighed last Wednesday. "Hmmm....how can that be," I wondered. Immediately, a wave of discouragement came over me. "See...this is why we avoid the scales between doctor visits," I thought. So then today, I joined Curves. I had been planning on it for over a week and knew that I needed something to motivate my regular exercise. Of course, as part of the joining process, what do they do?? They ask you to place your little feet on the scale. It registered 3 additional pounds. "Ok, what's happening? This is exactly what happens...I follow the program to the letter and get no results?" More discouragement. The other night while doing some of my homework it asked that you list the four obstacles that always stand in my way and prevent me from keeping weight off. One of the main obstacles that I wrote was: Once I plateau, discouragement sets in and I convince myself that this is ridiculous to be doing this. Discouragement is such a mean thing. It's attempt is to try to persuade you from staying on course. I can't let it. I must maintain the courage to press on and not focus on the scales. Tonight I am suppose to make a list from Romans 1-8 about what I learn about the "law". I'm sure as I run to the Bread of Life doing this exercise I will find the encouraging nourishment I need to keep me on the path I am on. I refuse to give in to the voice of discouragement and I need to be careful little feet where I weigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment