Saturday, June 1, 2013

Journey of Rhythm


Journals of Scotland

May 30, 2013

Arrived in Scotland at 2am my time. Very tired, but thrilled to see Sandi. After seeing her flat and having a cup of tea and a "wee" chaat, I went straight to the shower and & dived into bed. Slept for several hours. My ears/sinuses were so stopped up I could barely hear a thing when I lay down, but when I awoke, all was well and I felt refreshed. We ended up watching Ms. Potter, the movie about Beatrix Potter. What a great way to start this journey. Right after Ms. Potter was told they would reluctantly publish her book, not thinking much would ever come of it, she said to Peter Rabbit: "Well, we can't stay home all our lives. We must look at it as an adventure!" That's exactly how I feel. :)

May 31, 2013

Getting into a new rhythm doesn't just happen; I'm discovering you must participate.

I was almost frantic when I first arrived to get my phone situated to receive iMessages properly so I could stay in touch with everything at home as usual. In doing so, I realised I was not able to be fully "here".  The time change, the UK instead of the US, trying to not skip a beat between here and home....or rather, not coming out of one rhythm into another. It was like Sandi was having to wait for me to still "get here", even though physically I was here. Of course my body was slow to change rhythms, having to sleep for several hours before I could even think straight. Something deeper was calling me to participate into going into a new rhythm. Fortunately I noticed sooner than later what I was doing - and mentally, consciously I had to "come into" UK time. Sandi prepared us a dinner, we chatted and watched the Beatrix Potter movie (all trying to keep me awake) so that I could force myself to move on into this new rhythm. ANd then - I slept! All night! The sun came pouring in beneath the red window shade and it was 8:30am, UK time. To be fully present to the moment in time that God has me is the invitation. I can't try to keep one leg "back home" with all my involvements there. I must pull both legs over the fence to this present moment and fully engage in participation with what Father is doing.  Sandi and I are together on this "journey of rhythm" and I want us to get all of the "get" there is to be got from whatever Father has planned for us. Ok, UK time, I'm here now! Like Beatrix Potter said to Peter Rabbit: "We can't stay home all our lives. We must look at it as an adventure!"

1 comment: