Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm hoping tonight that my Dad will overcome the temptation to give into his fears. He struggles to understand the plight of his recent undiagnosed sickness. I feel for him. And yet, I don't like to see him depressed and withdrawing from activity. We want to be well and to still have control of our days as we once did. (Or thought we did. Control is such an illusion.) But as I look around me and see others suffering, I wonder if maybe a new perspective wouldn't help Dad. How does one accept what has come their way when they are powerless to change it? How do you rise above despair and depression? For me, turning in reliant trust in a sovereign God who allows suffering, is my only hope. This is not a safe world and sometimes God Himself is not safe - in that, He allows things into my life that don't "feel" safe. But He is always good. He always has my best interest in mind and is always watching over me. I have not gone unnoticed by the Omniscient God of the universe. He sees me. He sees my pain and that of my Dad's...and He cares. Will I trust Him? And if not, what is keeping me from trusting Him? Is my trust in myself a wise alternative?

No comments:

Post a Comment